Thursday, May 16, 2019

Dear Baby Yhem,

Can't believe I'll be celebrating my 23rd birthday in a few days! Hala ang tanda ko na! I'm kinda feeling sentimental so I decided to write a letter for my baby self cause I want myself to know and realize that I am in a good place right now, this letter is really just to convince present Yhem that she's doing okay lol.
Dear Baby Yhem,

Hi! I am your 2019 self aka present Yhem. I'm just here to tell you a thing or two, let me just catch you up on what happened in the last 23 years. Are you ready baby girl? But first go to mama and ask for some milk cos we don't want to lose that chubby cheeks lol

First of all I want you to know that you're an adult now with a great job! You're doing something that you're really passionate about and that's teaching kids, yup, you are Teacher Yhem now, so hooray! It is far from what you've studied in college but that's okay because at least you get to experience the best of both worlds haha. You have a degree in International Studies, btw. 

Next is, you will meet a lot of people along the way. Some of them will stay and some of them won't.... and that's okay. Because those who stayed are the ones who you will share tons of laughters and heartbreaks over the years and all of that will result to a lot of your wonderful memories. And those who walked out of your life taught you a valuable lesson in life and that lesson helped you throughout the years so chillax and enjoy life. 
You still loooooove to sing and let me tell you this bb girl sugapa ka sa mic when it comes to videoke sesh hehe, your go to song is I will survive by Gloria Gaynor. Tapang! You won't magically develop a golden voice haha nawp that's not how life works, you're not that blessed in that aspect BUT you haaaave so much confidence in you so you will not care. Lol. (But, you can sing don't worry haha) 

And lastly, in case you want to know, 22-year old you is Single hehe. You'll experience falling in and out of love and of course heartbreaks, but you will get over it. You will fall in love with an amazing guy but you two will call it quits, it's okay cause he's still be one of your closest friend. Feel every moment baby girl, don't be scared to fall in love and take risks because that's actually the best part of it. It is worth it.

If you're wondering if you'll experience falling in love again soon, unfortunately, I can't give you a definite answer because right now I'm just going with the flow and enjoying what ever life throws at me. :)

To sum it all up, you will enter 23 with a good life. You're blessed and loved so you have nothing to worry about except you have bills and debts to pay now. Haha! Every day as an adult makes me miss being 3 and carefree, but every day I also realize how lucky I am to experience everything. 

So, go enjoy life baby girl and be free cause you don't have to change anything, your 22-year old self don't have any regrets in life so go make that mistake and learn from it. You're doing quite good, love. You had a wonderful 22 years. 

Love,
22 year old Yhem




Leave me some message.

Name

Email *

Message *

@rhemzyrose