Tuesday, February 16, 2021

No Regrets.


Lately, I've been thinking about how I spent my younger years and how carefree I was back when I was still in college and enjoying the time of my life. And I have come to realize that I don't have any regrets at all, in fact I have things that I am grateful for.  

There are some people I know who regret focusing in life too early and not experiencing the chaos of life, the misery of being a teenager and the high of being single. Back then, I always admire them for the discipline that they have and how they handle their priorities but knowing that they regret it later in life gives me comfort in knowing that at least I experience it before settling down and I have no what ifs and what could've been. 

I am not the best student nor the best person when I was still studying in FEU. Oh, boy if you would have met me back then you would judge the hell out of me haha! My parents gave me so much freedom to learn and discover things on my own which I am very grateful for until this very moment. 

My 18-year old self is now far from who I am today as a person but that girl will always have a special place in my heart. The decisions she settled for and the choices she made back then are the reason why I am who I am today. I'd like to give her credit on how she managed to enjoy life and finish school at the same time. 

Imagine going to school with the worst hangover and still manage to report in class, laugh with your friends and swear that you'll never drink again but end up still doing it later that day. I am aware for the fact that it is not a good example and it is not something to be proud of but having it as an experience sure made me wish that I was still in college. 

I never had a formal relationship in college, commitment is something that I fear back then. But that doesn't mean that I never experience falling in love and getting crazy over a guy before. Because of course, just like any other teenage girl, I have a crazy love story to tell too. People ask me if I regret not being in a relationship with that special someone before and the answer is NO. 

Having no regrets and experiencing all the good and bad before settling down is one of the best decision that I made because right now, I am contented with having just those experiences in my memory, I don't have any what ifs in life because I know for a fact that I did not missed out on anything. 

Now that I am married and having a kid, I can focus on being a fun and loving wife and mother. I am now ready to fully commit and give my devotion to my family. 

If there's one thing that I realized it is that experience life when you are young so you don't have to imagine it when you're later in life. Invest in memories and experiences but NEVER take your studies for granted, enjoy all you can but finish school and go get that diploma. It's all about the balance. 

Leave me some message.

Name

Email *

Message *

@rhemzyrose