Friday, April 28, 2023

Before 27.

Guess who’s turning 27 in less than a month!? I AM. 

Still can’t believe I’m in my late 20s era now, my 19-year-old self would be shocked, confused and maybe a little proud haha! Who would’ve thought that I would still be here after the age of 25 because honestly the plans I made before did not include this part. This is all still a wonderful surprise for me. I am still learning and planning my life now. 

So… excuse me for making this 27th birthday of mine a little big deal, because it is…well at least for me. Me turning 27 and being in my late 20s era is kind of big for me, it is something that I never thought would happen but look at me now: surviving, happy and now have a reason to live and continue life. Amen to that! 

I want to celebrate this important milestone by having dinner with friends and family, a cake, laughs and good conversations. I also want to receive gifts, I want to receive things haha I ain’t gonna lie….I BADLY BADLY want to receive material things because hell I believe I deserve it. 

  • I want a pretty cake. YES A VERY VERY PRETTY CAKE. I can’t remember the last time I had a cake personally designed and made for me haha. 
  • I want new bags, shoes, clothes because to tell you the truth the fashion items I have now are all outdated and not my style anymore. Yikes. 
  • I want to change my hair. I want to do something bold, something new. I feel like I need a new look for this new chapter of my life and because someone called me “losyang” haha. I’m still pretty pissed with that. 
  • I want a new skincare routine, after giving birth I gave up skincares because I’m afraid it would have an effect to Sav cos I’m breastfeeding her. 
  • I want a new camera. I want a handy quality camera so I could take more photos and create more memories. 
  • I want to have a full body massage and get a foot spa. I also want some facial.
  • I want a new tattoo. 
I know for a fact that these requests are impractical and very self centered but I only get one special day a year and I want this day to be all about me because I just want to feel “Me” again. Even just for a day. Or who knows maybe this is the kickstart I need to regain who I am and get back the confidence I lost. 

I’m proud of myself for letting go of who I used to be haha. I used to be very high maintenance, buying and doing things that I know would make me feel good and pretty, but times change and priorities shift, I am now learning to prioritize needs over wants and that’s okay because that’s all part of the process of being a responsible human being HAHA. 

So before I turn 27, let me be irresponsible again, wanting things for no one but myself, let me be selfish even just for a day because I feel like somehow…somewhat I deserve all these things lol. 

I DESERVE TO BE PRETTY AGAIN. 

-Yhem. 

Leave me some message.

Name

Email *

Message *

@rhemzyrose